CHILD ONLINE PROTECTION NATIONAL WORKSHOP
In order to develop and implement a national initiative around making the Internet a safer
place for children and young people, and to raise awareness of the issues and how to deal
with them in a practical way, it is vital to bring together all the key stakeholders and
players. Further, international collaboration is an important part of such discussions as child online protection cannot be tackled alone. The presence of international collaboration and partnership are also required to share lessons learnt and best practices of other countries and international organisations, and to receive international experts' views and thoughts to strengthen child online protection initiatives and mechanisms in Pakistan.
- The workshop will serve as an information and knowledge sharing session for various stakeholders from government, academia, civil society, media and industry to share their ideas and raise various concerns regarding child online safety.
- Participants will be able to network with multiple sectors and will have an opportunity to meet some international experts on child online safety to learn about global agendas and best practices that can be adopted in Pakistan to ensure the internet safety of children.
- Participants will identify mutual collaborations in the lead-up to developing a national COP framework and delivering effective programs at the national and provincial levels by increasing stakeholder knowledge and networking.
- The outcome of the discussions will be fed to the rapid assessment on the state of child online protection in Pakistan and the proposed national child online protection framework.
- The consultation workshop expects to invite media personnel to make the public aware of the importance of ensuring the safety of children online.
Event 3: Child Online Protection, Pakistan
Start of the event
Welcome remarks by DG Int’l Coordination, MOITT, Mr. Syed Jawad Sherazi
Opening remarks by a representative from ITU
Key Note from the Chief Guest
Ex. Federal Secretary, Mr. Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui
Panel discussion with the UN Agencies and Intergovernmental organizations on “Overview of the Awareness-Raising Campaign of Child Online Protection”
Panel Discussion with the Government and Academia on “The State of Online Violence Against Children in Pakistan”:
Session Moderator: Director Coordination, MOITT, Mr. Muhammad Azeem Sadiq